Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: I saw in the Coalfield how a community planning architect

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member RaiderWahoo0105's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2004
    Posts
    625
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I saw in the Coalfield how a community planning architect

    for Pound is going to help revitalize the downtown? Are we talking drastic measures here and would something like this be feasible for the other downtowns across the county and the City of Norton? It would be great to have somewhere to just walk around and meet up with old friend on a warm spring/summer night or even a chilly fall evening. The downfall of small town life began when people started neglecting their downtowns in favor of bigger chains.
    Go Wahoos!
    Go Mounties!
    [img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I saw in the Coalfield how a community planning architect

    If I was gonna try to revitalize pound. I would start off getting the heat pumps off the sidewalks. Whats the point of a side walk if you cant even walk on it. That looks so nasty.
    GO VOLS

  3. #3
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I saw in the Coalfield how a community planning architect

    I would love to see our towns revitalized, but I don't think it will ever happen. We need something to attract people, so that they will in turn spend their money. I don't see that happening here. I live in BSG, and we do have some forward thinking officials; but we also have some who want to make a bedroom comunity of BSG. I'm of the opinion that our greatest attraction is our natural beauty. We have decent infrastructue, schools, etc. We really need someone with a dream and a plan for moving the county into tomorrow. Staus quo seems to be adequate...

  4. #4
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I saw in the Coalfield how a community planning architect

    I would love to do something downtown. Some folks just take no pride in what their portion of town looks like. We are now discussing another CDBG Grant. It cold go to refurbish downtown or go toward something else. The problem is that to redo downtown would take more money that we are eligible for. The Town Manager is attending a meeting next week to apply for another grant. Some more decisions to make. I made an offer to store owners in a meeting that I would paint their storefront if they would buy the paint. That was over a year ago. I have had no offers.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  5. #5
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I saw in the Coalfield how a community planning architect

    I know you want things done, as you have been very proactive in alot of endeavors. It's sad to think that so many others aren't willing to spend a few bucks to improve things. Keep up your good work.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I saw in the Coalfield how a community planning architect

    I always like reading when towns take a eco friendly green aproach to things. I like when walking and hiking trail are planned in to a town.
    GO VOLS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •